Gil Lieberman wrote:

> The salesman emphasized that this is a mainstream
> medical approach and not to be classified as untested alternative
> medicine. He cited a paper by R.Sandyk of the NeuroCommunication Research
> Labs.,Danbury,CT 06811 entitled "Treatment of Parkinson's Disease with
> magnetic fields reduces the requirement for antiparkinsonian medications,"
> Int. J Neurosci,74(1-4): 191-201 Jan-Feb 1994.There,the use of
> extracranial treatment with extremely weak magnetic fields showed
> significant improvement in motor performance including levodopa-induced
> motor complications.This therapy is suggested as a substitute for drug
> therapy.Nonmotor improvements noticed included mood,cognitive
> functions,sleep,pain,appetite,autonomic functions and sexual functions.
> results are cited for a 69 year old PWP. However results were not
> available for a large sample of PWPs. Sounds too good to be true. Warm
> regards. Gil Lieberman,CG for Aliza,dx PD 2/95,dx MSA 10/97

It is a scam and has been recognized as such for a long time.  I have
Sandyk's bibliography (virtually all of it published in a journal, the
International Journal of Neuroscience, which is owned and peer-
reviewed by Sandyk himself) if anyone is interested.  He has
recommended magnetism for other diseases as well, including arthritis,
multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, etc.  He has also written some articles
jointly (some time ago before pallidotomy became popular) on
magnetism with Dr. Robert Iacono, a neurosurgeon who is known on
this List for his pallidotomy series.

Don't waste your money.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"