I just wanted to write to all of you on the list to ask for your support and
prayers of a friend of mine who is undergoing a Subthalamic DBS in Sarasota,
Florida on Thursday, Oct. 21.

He is the reason I joined the list some 5 years ago and have been on and off
the list throughout that time.

To give you some background on who we are let me briefly explain.

We traveled to Denver, Colorado and LA a few years back researching the
Fetal Tissue Implantation and I have been to Palm Springs visiting with a
group of Doctors who gave a days worth of information on PD and its current
research and results.  Dr. Lieberman was one of the doctors who gave a
presentation and I visited with him for a short while before the
presentation.

In addition, I am on the Advisory Board of a local Parkinson's clinic in
Minneapolis, Minnesota and I chair the Regional Outreach committee trying to
reach out to other communities hoping to increase the availability of PD
specific clinics or at least allow our clinic to train them and use our
facilitiy and programming expertise as well as the library and other
resources we have to offer.

The gentleman having the surgery was my significant other for five years.  I
took a very active role in helping him with his PD.  We have since separated
as of January this past year.  But, I feel very strongly about continuing to
help his family deal with this disease as well as continuing on with the
Board that I have worked with for two years now.

He is not very able to work with the computer any longer and never cared to
get that involved himself with the clinic, the Board, the internet or even
watch documentaries on the subject.

His sister has now taken over that role for him after my departure and I
work with and through her to pass along all this information that comes
across on the list as well as anything else that can contribute to his
health and well being.

He is scheduled to have the surgery on Thursday, October 21 in Sarasota, FL
by a Dr. Schumacher at the Neurological Research Institute of Sarasota.
They are a NPF Center of Excellence.

I am asking for your letters of support that I can send to his sister and
deliver to him.  I am asking also for your prayers.

I will keep you all informed of his surgery as well as his outcome as time
goes on.

We all need to help each other....which is why we are on this PD List in the
first place.  By praying for one another, supporting one another and sharing
our information, personal experiences and helping each other know what is
happening in the world of television, government, and the written
word.....we will all live a better life.

I thank you all for what I know you will do for Tom and his family.

Sheila De Vine