Charles T. Meyer, M.D. wrote:

> Thanks for that clarification Michel.  I guess the bioavailability test is
> done by us titrating our symptoms vs. the drug :-(

Actually, the bioavailability test comprises a statistically significant number
of 'volunteers' who take the drug as directed and a body fluid  sample is taken
at regular periods and assayed for the drug or its major metabolite.  The
available drug content of the samples are then tabulated and validated by
statistics to establish an average. One of my questions when I was part of the
testing team was that this is test is normally performed on healthy
individuals, but might not the age, gender, and health status of the
participants of the test affect the bioavailability?    In my view, that point
had not been answered satisfactorily.
Michel