On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:02:27 -0600 Constance Tate <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>dear all
>       please let me know any advice on Tasmar.my husband has had pd
>for
>about 5years.he is 78years old now .
>he isn't doing too bad a bit shaky but has slowed down when walking
>and he
>gets hoarse after talking.
> after hearing all the problems you young pds go through we are doing
>okay.
>       Jack went to a new doctor today and she is putting him on
>tasmar.

I take 50 mg , 4 or 5 times in 24 hrs. We cut 100 mg pills in half

>we>know that he will have to get blood tests twice a
>month.

After much soul-searching i am only having blood tests
once every six months.  My enzyme levels are very low (very healthy)

 what i am asking is there a period of major adjustment when
>starting
>or is it a gradual improvement.would like to get your imput.

I had immediate, same - day lengthening of my on-periods to 3hours
instead of 2 hrs.
after 18 months on t asamar, this usually still happens/
I have been able to lower my l-dopa from 1600 to 900 mg/24 hrs.!!

Side-effects are drowsiness aand echoing sounds in both ears
It also depresses my sexual drive.  oh, well, there's so much more  to
life
than sex....

>sincerely
>   connie tate

luv from Maine (Ivan)

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses         50  deg. F   :-)