In a message dated 10/18/99 6:35:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< .  I was diagnosed in 1993, mainly have the
 rigidity-type of PD.  I was taking 1-1/2 Sinemet regular l0/100 every
 1-1/2 hours for a total of l850 mg/day.  I did wonderfully well on this
 for many months, until I got major dyskenesias.  Even with these, my
 energy & mood were terrific.  I suppose I was over-medicated.  >>

It varies with the individual of course but 1850 mg per day is too much
L-dopa for almost anybody at any stage.  Check out my "primer."  Get that new
doctor's opinion and start tapering.  Shoot at using about half that amount.
You will have to accept a little (maybe even a lot -especially in he
beginning) off time.  Expect it to be tough to do. However, at the rate you
are going, you will get bad side effects  (including mental) soon if you
don't have them already .

Regards,
WHH