 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 9 Range Street Portland, Maine  04103  tel 207-797-8488
 land of lighthouses                                      50 deg. F   :-)
THIS LETTER HAS BEEN POSTED TO 1800 MEMBERS in 36 COUNTRIES (1400 in USA)

Dear Senator Specter,

   Young-Onset Parkinson's Disease is a MONSTER that is now destroying my
life. I
have gone from being a Professor of Anatomy at 32, to a shadow of my
younger self, living on charity, with only $687.00 per month of SSDI now,
at age 49.

  Thank you especially for your efforts to maximize the intent  and
funding  of the Udall
Act, and particularly for  the $75 million dollar colloquy with Senators
Cochran and Wellstone.

  ***  I hope  that your staffers, Mark Lesch (sp?) and Betty Lou Taylor,
have showed your my
testimony. It took three days and two nights of painful, non-stop work to
prepare.

  ***  I was assured by Ms. Taylor that it was included in the official
packet placed
before you on September 28, at the hearing with Mr. Fox. I am too sick to
travel., and no one has confirmed that you have seen it and read it.

    A retired neighbor drove me to US  Tom Allen's home on Saturday. I
gave
him an entire  typescript.

Some of the best advocates we  PWP's have are  Pennsylvanians Gerri and
Brig Haines, and Jim Cordy.

  PLEASE push hard for us, as our futures are very doubtful, at best.

If you need any additional help or information, please feel free to
telephone me at
my house, 207 - 797 - 8488.  My  e-mail address is  :  [log in to unmask]

Yours Very  Sincerely,
Ivan Suzman (onset  and causes unknown, symptoms visible by age 35,
diagnosis at 39, currently 49)