Hi,

I'm following this msg with e-mail samples I sent to Spector and Cochran (Cochran deserves
special thanks; but not in the conference).

I've tried to make this task as easy as I can by giving you  e-mail addresses, phone
number to call, and a great web site to look up the rest of the committee.   Charlotte

Excerpted from Mette's message from last week:

                            WHAT ADVOCATES CAN DO:

             Advocates can contact the four principal conferees - the four leaders of the
             Labor/HHS conference (listed below) -

                             Senate:  Chairman: Arlen Specter (R-PA); Ranking: Tom Harkin
(D-IA);
                             House:  Chairman: John Edward Porter (R-IL); Ranking: David
R. Obey (D-WI)

Obey does not have e-mail--call the switchboard instead.

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/ ---Everything you need to contact each member of
Congress: phone, fax, e-mail, addresses and great a great, easy to use resource on
Congress.
All Members of Congress can be reached by telephone through the Capitol  Switchboard at
(202) 224-3121.]

            and urge them to do everything in  their
             considerable power to ensure that an additional $75 million is actually
             spent on Parkinson’s-focused research in FY2000.

             They have provided the additional money - and for that we are grateful - but
             NIH must be directed to devote those funds to research that will produce
             improved therapies and a cure for Parkinson’s as soon as possible!

             Deliver that same message to the members of the House and Senate Labor/HHS
             Appropriations Subcommittees listed below:

             Senate Membership:
             Republicans:
             Chairman: Arlen Specter (PA)
             Thad Cochran (MS)     [log in to unmask]  (I'll give you the ones I
had in my address book)
             Larry E. Craig (ID)
             Slade Gorton (WA)
             Judd Gregg (NH)
             Kay Bailey Hutchison (TX)
             Jon L. Kyl (AZ)
             Ted Stevens (AK)

            Democrats:
           Ranking: Tom Harkin (IA)
             Dianne Feinstein (CA)  [log in to unmask]
             Ernest F. Hollings (SC)
             Daniel K. Inouye (HI)
             Herbert H. Kohl (WI)
             Patty Murray (WA)
             Harry Reid (NV)

             House Membership:
             Republicans:
           Chairman: John Edward Porter (IL)
             Henry Bonilla (TX)
             Randy Cunningham (CA)
             Jay Dickey (AR)
             Ernst Istook, Jr. (OK)
             Dan Miller (FL)
             Anne M. Northup (KY)
             Roger Wicker (MS)
             C.W. (Bill) Young (FL)

            Democrats:
             Ranking: David R. Obey (WI)
             Rosa DeLauro (CT)
             Steny H. Hoyer (MD)
             Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL)
             Nita M. Lowey (NY)
             Nancy Pelosi (CA)   [log in to unmask]

             All Members of Congress can be reached by telephone through the Capitol
             Switchboard at (202) 224-3121.
             A SPECIAL MESSAGE OF THANKS

            After making the important calls outlined above, we encourage you to make
           one more call - or even better, write a personal note - to a Senator who has
             worked very hard this year to get us as far as we are.

            Senator Thad Cochran of Mississippi is a high-ranking and influential member
             of the Senate Labor/HHS Subcommittee.  Beginning last year he has helped
             push forward the Parkinson’s community’s agenda, and has been instrumental
             in nearly every one of the community’s achievements this year: an important
             letter to Senator Specter, the Senate Labor/HHS hearing, the colloquy.  And
             Senator Cochran continues to work to ensure that these accomplishments are
             translated into the needed research funding he knows can help deliver the
             cure to people with Parkinson’s everywhere.

             Senator Cochran truly deserves the heartfelt thanks of the Parkinson’s
             community.

             The Honorable Thad Cochran
             326 Russell Senate Office Building
             Washington, DC 20510
             (202) 224-5054 - voice
             (202)  224-9450 - fax
             [log in to unmask] - email
             www.senate.gov/~cochran

             For any further information or questions, contact the Parkinson's Action
             Network at 800/850-4726 or email us at [log in to unmask]
--
Charlotte Mancuso-

For advocacy, medical, and other PD-related material, go to:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/CurePD-NorCal