>I think it depends on what state you live in- how Medicaid is used and
>whether you can leave home or not. Nita

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing here---Medicare(age,
not income related) does require that HOME CARE patients be home-bound.
Medicaid is available to income-eligible folks for all kinds of medical
services, I think--regardless of age, and  recipients of public assistance
get a Medicaid card, but need not be home-bound.   It is very simple to
check on this and any state-by-state variations by  calling your local
Dept. of Human Services (which used to be "welfare").

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "