At 10:43 1999/10/25 -0400, you wrote:
>Janet-- I'm confused--I'm assuming this affects us via the UToronto
>listserv, even though the L-soft offfice is in the USA--correct?   It's
>just that L-Soft has not been  a familiar name to me.  I also assume that
>this will affect ONLY PIEN, and not the CARE and SPARKLE lists, which use
>different listservs.....
>please confirm if this is correct.....non-techie on this end !

hi camilla

i'm not sure how we will be affected

care is a listserv list
check out the e-mail address if not sure

l-soft make listserv software
which is used worldwide

their website is informative
<http://www.lsoft.com>

LISTSERV is their own registered trademark

e.g. sparkle is not run on LISTSERV software
it is run on a different electronic mailing list software program

sorta like KLEENEX vs tissue or XEROX vs photo-copier

i think most of our normal messages run only through toronto
but i don't know whether toronto will be affected by this move

i'm sure i will find out more shortly

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>