Eleanor-- I don't know if this was your problem, but I get a similar
message ( address too long or distorted, etc) when I have accidentally
copied the  <  or >  along with the address---the listserv just spits that
out !  It is only a program, and very intolerant of human error!

> I had an instructor once who said that computers are dumb.  Well, this one
>just outsmarted me (which is not always that hard to do).  I asked Janet for
>help because every time I tried to send something to the list I got a message
>telling me tar the address was too long.  Janet asked me to send a test and
>forward the message to her.  Janet, guess what?  The message went through.
>Computers may be dumb, but they sure can scramble my brain (what there is of
>it).  Thanks again for your help.  Eleanor

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "