Hi Jeannette: Wonderful advice! I feel so strongly
about educating re: the ravages of PD that I even
teach my patients about it. This began when a few of
them noticed my limping or opening single-dose
medication packages slowly, and questioned me. It
evolved into one of the topics of the
psycho-educational groups I run. It's particularly
relevant since, in a very simplistic sense PD is the
flip-side of Schizophrenia -too little dopamine vs.
too much. I have also educated several of my medical
colleagues. Aside from the very real importance re:
raising the public's awareness of Parkinson's, it is
incredibly liberating to admit, yes, there's something
wrong with me and this is what it is, after years of
trying to cover up the signs and symptoms of a
deteriorating body.    Carole H.

=====