Jeanette, et al....

One thing that's proved to generate a lot of interest
and questions about PD for me is the business-type
cards I had printed up and pass out all over the place.

Each card looks like the following  (and "dots" are to
help keep the formatting since I typed this directly in
email, rather than via word processor) and the line
reading "FUND the  Cure! FIND the Cure" is italicized
on the card for emphases:

............. ............Encino Tri-Valley
............Parkinson's Disease Support Group

............ FUND the Cure! FIND the Cure!  .

Meeting at Encino Hospital............Barbara Mallut
3rd Sat. of each month........................Coordinator
16237 Ventura Blvd.........................(818)705-3037
Encino, [log in to unmask]

This card cost me $19 for 1000 cards, and since
they've generated so much interest, plus have brought
in new members to the support group, I"m going to
have another 1000 cards run up, leaving the part where
have MY name BLANK, and add in a "Name-line" for
our members to write in THEIR name, and THEY can
then pass out the cards too.

The paper-broker who made up my cards offered
me a small "finder's fee" for each printing-job I
referred to him and I suggested that the "finder's fee"
should be donated to one of my favorite PD orgs,
and he agreed - whereupon I whipped out one of
their business cards and smacked it into his hand!

(Oh... and that group is the "Parkinson's Resource
Organization," (acronym  "PRO"  (formerly called
"COPS" - Children of Parkinsonians).

For those of you who've never heard of this wonderful
group, run by the dynamic, and PD-knowledgeable
Jo Rosen, it's a So. California-based group which not
only runs support groups for PWPs, but is absolutely
DEDICATED to providing funds for respite care for
caregivers of PWPs.

If you'd like to find out more about this unique group and
the services they provide, they can be reached at:

Parkinson's Resource Organization
73-700 El Paseo, Ste. 2
Palm Desert, CA 92260
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
(760) 773-5628

FYI.... PD support group leaders, Jo Rosen is an
outstanding guest speaker!

(And I'm not on "PROs" payroll - this referral is
right from my heart, 'cause I strongly believe that
caregivers need respite time)

Barb Mallut