Thank you for posting this Janet!

Piaget said "To understand is to invent."

Seymour Papert said
"The normal state of thinking is to be off course all the time and make
corrections."
(in The Children's Machine)

Sherry Turkle said
"Children don't learn natural language by learning its rules, but through
immersion in its cadences."
(in Life on the Screen)

The nature of the way we search for information on the Web
is an exercise in intuition and in non-linear thinking...
a juxtaposition of ideas out of sequence as we click here and there in no
particiular order
while surfing to (seemingly) no logical outcome,
a right-brained what-if approach ...
a suspension-of-judgement...
a lets-try-this-to-see-what-happens way of thinking.

This is not formal rule-driven learning behaviour.
But it is how most creative thinkers think
(artists and mad scientists alike...inspite of their education).

Marshal McLuhen described electronic technologies of the 20th century as
extensions of our central nervous system.
Will the 21st century classroom / research lab be a wired one?

Simulating thoughts from the bottom up, in the middle of the night.
Joan U.