Hi Sharon,
If you are using Internet Explorer 5, it is quite easy to reduce the amount
of mail that reaches your inbox by setting rules for incoming mail. To do
this, when you are viewing your list of messages in your inbox click on
Tools, select Message Rules then click on Mail. Then follow the on-screen
instructions.
In my case I don't want to view any of the "Non PD" mailings which still
plague the list, so I have set the rules to delete all messages where the
subject line contains the words Non PD, bearing in mind that there are
several different ways of writing Non Pd
ie:
Non PD
NonPD
Non-PD
Non  PD
Off Topic
You will have to make a seperate rule for each version, which shouldn't take
more than 10 minutes maximum, once you have set your rules, press "Apply
Now" and watch as all those unwanted messages disappear.
Good Luck
Nigel