Mama had her second pallidotomy last Wednesday.  I thought for sure it was
going to be DBS.  Apparently, about a month ago when the neurosurgeon met
with my parents he had suggested wanting to do the DBS but he wanted to
first consult with other doctor(s).  He said that if anything changed he
would call my parents.  My father told him that whichever procedure was
authorized to go for it.  I will remind my father to ask the neurosurgeon
why pallidotomy was performed instead of DBS.

Despite that bit of a letdown, Mama is greatly improved.  Her "off" times
now are like the "on" times prior to the surgery.  This pallidotomy appears
to be a greater improvement than the first one.  But then this second side
was her worst side.

She is now taking Sinemet every three hours instead of two hours but the
effect is better.  Prior to this surgery the Sinemet lasted about 80 minutes
and now it is lasting the three hours.

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (57/43/38)