In a message dated 10/27/99 4:33:45 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I AM interested in
 > >hearing from anyone in the 20-year-past-onset range who's on Requip or
 > >has tried it.   >>

I have tried it to my great disappointment.  I was taking Mirapex before and
decided to switch (had ankle swelling).  My neurologist said ok and it was
done.  After getting on a recommended dose (don't remember exactly what that
was), I waited 2-3 weeks for the dust to clear.  Never got past the point of
"off" all morning, dyskinetic all afternoon.  I switched back.  Began using
it at a far lower dose and titrated upwards slowly.  Stopped at 1.5 mg per
day.  I have found it a far more potent medicine.  You might suggest Mirapex
to her doctor.  It might be a worthwhile thing to try.  It is a good drug for
me.

WHH 56/38/37