I am not a doctor, but had experience with nursing homes and my mother, who had had several small strokes. My advice is to find a better nursing home, it is hard to do but necessary. I had the advantage that my mother lived in a small town and I was well known there, and therefore able to get good advice ( sometimes I had to beat them over the head ( figuratively ) but the doctors did help. One reason they are reluctant is that they are so often sued for nothing. One good way is to find out other friends opinions. but if she is not treat well there you must move her. Good luck, Nita