Judith
It happens and it shouldn't
Afew yrs agoI had a phone call from a support group member  who had
entered a LTC
facility to let his wife have treatment or whatever. Policy was to
medicate every 4 hours. Policy ruled
  He was on a 2 hour schedule  set by the
Neurologist at a movement disorder clinic because sinemet lasted just over
2hours. So the poor guy was spending half his time drugged  and half his
time stiff as a board. He called me in a dreadfull state because no one
would listen, all he got was "there there dear, doctor knows best"
I called  the clinic  coordinator  and although  it was tricky //
questioning another doctors treatment // it did  get sorted out.
But it is scarey and thats where I might end up !!
Anne Rutherford