Hallo everyone out there in cyberspace,

While millions of dollars are spend on the search for a cure of PD, those
who have PD are left in the dark as far as immediate treatment is concerned.
I really don't understand why so many Parkinson patients are shouting for
more money on research for a cure and in the meantime have to suffer from
the disease.  If a cure is found the million Parkinson patients in the world
are not helped by that, especially those in a later stage of the disease.  I
would fight for better care, e.g. facilities for physical therapy, lower
costs for medicine and widespread availability of expert neurosurgical
centers to perform deep brain stimulation.  So far it seems that those
participating in cell transplant studies are not as well treated than those
who had STN stimulation (although their are no comparative studies).  The
patients here in Belgium who had STN surgery don't understand why this
treatment is not readily available to others.  The results so far in my
experience is that most patients receiving STN surgery hardly have any
Parkinson signs and symptoms and they are back active again (I am not
exaggerating, and I wish I could all invite you to meet the many patients
who had the surgery done).  Many of them are now active in Parkinson support
groups.  If you really would have something done now and not 10 years from
now you really have to fight for more money to have readily available
treatment rather than more money for research.

Greetings,

Chris