From: Jenni Ayers +ADw-pjayers+AEA-IQUEST.NET+AD4-
To: +ADw-PARKINSN+AEA-listserv.utoronto.ca+AD4-
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 1999 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: Government +ACEAIQAhACE-

+AD4- Regardless of whether Tina is a fighter or a quitter, she does have a good
+AD4- point.
+AD4-
+AD4- Unfortunately, her point about the government is reality-in oh so many
+AD4- cases.  I can see many different sides as health care professional and
wife
+AD4- of 49/47 PWP.
+AD4-
+AD4- In health care, we struggle with fighting costs while trying to stay
focused
+AD4- on patient care.  Research sometimes takes a back seat, even financially,
+AD4- especially when the congress or government can't or won't fork over
support
+AD4- and +ACQAJAAk-.  Right now they're more concerned about getting people health
+AD4- insurance, Medicaid stuff, and who's going to win the next Presidential
+AD4- Election.
+AD4-
+AD4- Yes, drug companies love to make +ACQAJAAk-, and so do physicians and so do those
+AD4- research companies+ACE-  HOWEVER, until someone or something with even more
+AD4- power and +ACQAJAAk-  says  'LET'S RESEARCH THE HECK OUT OF THIS PD THING' and
find
+AD4- a cure, it's gonna stay just like it is today--unless we keep fighting and
+AD4- praying and stop calling each other names...
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- Maybe Tina just can't be where some of us are, eh?  Keep fighting, all.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- -----Original Message-----
+AD4- From: Michel Margosis +ADw-michelmarg+AEA-EROLS.COM+AD4-
+AD4- To: PARKINSN+AEA-LISTSERV.UTORONTO.CA +ADw-PARKINSN+AEA-LISTSERV.UTORONTO.CA+AD4-
+AD4- Date: Friday, October 29, 1999 10:51 PM
+AD4- Subject: Re: Government +ACEAIQAhACE-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-Tina wrote:
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4APg- You guys are real nice and upbeat, but I have to say my own opinion.  I
+AD4- +AD4APg- was dx in June with PD, and I am a fighter, so it doesn't bother me
that
+AD4- +AD4APg- much.  I realize I will have to make adjustments down the road.
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-          Have you really convinced yourself that you are a fighter.
Well,
+AD4- +AD4-inmy book you are a quitter according to what you said below.
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4APg- The way I see it though, the only thing government and research
companies
+AD4- +AD4APg- are
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4APg- going to do, is help us live with it.  There will not be a cure because
+AD4- +AD4APg- the drug companies are making too much money.  I mean come on, all the
+AD4- +AD4APg- technology we have today, and the last thing we came up with a cure for
+AD4- +AD4APg- was Polio.  I really think we can have a cure for everything by now,
but
+AD4- +AD4APg- why when you make all this money off drugs.  Hope I didn't offend
+AD4- +AD4APg- anyone, just wanted to get that off my chest.  Hope everyone had a nice
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-          Remember that many other sources of medical knowledge abounds
+AD4- +AD4-outside of the greedy drug manufactureres, and we will carry the day+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4-Michel
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4-