In a message dated 10/30/99 5:14:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< those
 who have PD are left in the dark as far as immediate treatment is concerned.
 I really don't understand why so many Parkinson patients are shouting for
 more money on research for a cure and in the meantime have to suffer from
 the disease.  If a cure is found the million Parkinson patients in the world

Chris,

First of all, I NEVER SHOUT.

Second: From where did the notion that looking for a cure excludes
intermediate therapy options come?  The fourth agenda item on the notebook
page titled "1999 Action Agenda from the PAN "Sixth Annual Public Policy
Forum" (1999 -in Washington DC) is "Increase Access to Available Therapies
and Medications".  No therapy options are excluded.

Third and last: I'm certain that you simply misspoke when you mentioned "the
million Parkinson patients in the world."  There are over a million US
Citizen PWPs alone.

The world has many times more with problems we with access to modern
medicines can scarce imagine.  Most of these cannot shout or anything else to
help themselves.  That gives us who can do things to make the situation
better added responsibility to point out possibilities, pass information,
squawk, and yes, even shout when we think it might help.

We push for a cure because we think one is possible.  We know that if one
were found, putting it into action would be very cost effective.

WHH 56/38/37

PS: Have you read the posts on "Spheramine"?