 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses         62  deg. F   :-)
  Dear PIEN-list community:

   The update I promised  on the battle against foreclosure
of my house by the vultures at Portland City Hall.

   I slowly dragged through a morning and early afternoon
 Investigation on October 20th, 1999, in my sitting room,
before  Maine Human Rights Commision Investigator Barbara Lelli.
She was professional, kind and easy to work with.

She was with Sheila Pierce, who held documents for me,
so I could  try and follow.  I had help from PCA Tyrone da-Silva.
Husband and PWP, Carl and Nancy Barker from my PD support group,
 loaned me a Speech Booster, which is a clip-on microphone and tiny,
portable,
speaker, attached and battery-powered.

In four hours, I went through two 25-minute
off-periods with tremors and loss of voice volume,
and not being able to move much at all.

   I had no lawyer.  The City's two top lawyers were there,
because they are the persons facing the 2 claims of Discrimination.
The 2 top lawyers gave their side of the case.

I face foreclosure for the FIFTH time, (AAARRRGGHH!),
with an imminent foreclosure warning scheduled for
early November.  December 16 is the foreclosure date. I am
 still getting sewer liens, although I am on septic.  My
mortgage is totally paid off, but the back taxes are now
significant.

 Upcoming foreclosure lien is for about $1400.00.

I sent the PIEN Petition that Hilary Blue started in January,
which ends with Barbara Patterson's  cyber-signature.
The Maine HRC does NOT use e-mail, so here is the surface address:

Barbara Lelli, Investigator,
Maine Human Rights Commission
51 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0551 USA

tel. (207) 624-6055

The Executive Director of the MHRC is Patricia E. Ryan.

I have no lawyer, just hoping anyway that my
case  is compelling , and a landmark case for
PWP's in every walk of life.

Barbara Lelli's report must be issued by
November 15,  1999.  Then, the MHRC
Commisioners must rule whether they
agree or disagree with her.

Only AFTER that, I can  decide whether
or not to pursue a lawsuit.

I am meanwhile the founder of my PD support group,
one of 2 phone numbers for PD suicide calls and emergency
statewide with Ingraham volunteers, and am still
working on Udall(with Congressman John Baldacci's
health aide, Joy Leach, and others on his staff). I
volunteer because Medicaid caps my income.

I can just imagine losing,
due to my whistleblowing nature, and
end up not owning my PD-adapted
home despite having PAID off