Dear Marty,

As I have mentioned before the best results are obtained with a combination
of stimulation and medication.  I always keep the patients on dopamine
agonists (e.g. pergolide (Permax), which has a long half life and can
therefore continue to be effective throughout the night).  There is no ideal
stim. setting. In each individual patient it needs to be adjusted and as I
stated before, preferentially during hospitalization.
Off course I will talk to Dr. Verhagen and give him as much info as needed
(he will be attending a surgical STN procedure at my hosptital on thursday
Nov. 4th),  but you have to realize that for Dr. Verhagen, as for any
physician who will work with deep brain stimulators,  a lot of experience
will be necessary.

Good luck,

greetings,

Chris