In a message dated 10/30/99 12:54:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 > For the last 5 or 6 years I have finally learned to accept my PD
 > and not go chasing half way around the world seeking cures.

Marjorie,

I think I understand where you are coming from.  Chasing from doctor to
doctor is not a fun (or probably a wise) thing to do.  However, the thing
takes no prisoners, it just progresses slowly, giving the illusion of a
status quo (which might be accepted).  It accepts no bargains and is
relentless.  Even after you give up almost all prideful things and accept a
large degree of disability (with its large degree of discomfort), things get
worse.

I too went through the stages where I thought "I can hack this -if it just
doesn't get any worse."  It always did.  So what's to accept?  This is not
like Viet Nam.  We don't have a DEROS and go home at the end of our tour.  As
things stand now, this is like the Alamo or the Little BigHorn.  Pass the
ammo, please.

WHH 56/38/37

PS: Happy Birthday!