"Charles T. Meyer, M.D." wrote:

> HI Drew.
>
> Your MD sounds- from your description to be less than competent or less than
> honest.  If he gave you a diagnosis of type I DM just on the basis  of
> urinary ketones in the face of a normal blood sugars I don't see how he
> ignored the possibility that you were burning fat and developed ketosis on

Charlie, that was my old MD, not the one that thinks I have PD.  If my old MD
had said it, I would have taken it with a grain of salt like I did with the
diabetes.

> that basis.  If he diagnosed your PD you may not have it at all.  (I hope
> for your sake).  Also giving Haldol as a routine sleeper is not good
> medicine.

Blame the Resident at the E.R.

As you can tell, during that period of time I didn't have good history with
doctors.

> Paxil seems like a reasonable choice and I would see a psychiatrist o
> confirm the diagnosis and treatment.

Paxil was Rx'd for Fibromiolgia, not depression  by the 1st MD.  It just helps
my mood lately.

Thanks for listening to my "tale of woe" called the American Medical System.

--
---
Drew Devlin

http://www.maggiescafe.net/