Bob,

Thank you for reminding us all about hope.  Katherine Paterson, a wonderful
writer for children and adults, has written,

"Now hope is quite a different commodity from 'happily ever after'.
'Happily ever after' is a state of perpetual perfection where there is no
room for growth or need for forgiveness.  'Happily ever after' has no
relation to reality as we know it.  But in the midst of a most imperfect
world we still hope, because hope is not a mere feeling;  hope is something
we do."

Your post reminded me of this as does all that I learn on this list and all
I do as a result of my learning.

Thanks,
Robin