Charles T. Meyer, M.D. wrote:

> I wrote to GReg "If you can take it"  Psychosis is a side effect of requip
> and other agonists.  You have to balance the benefits against the side
> effects and with Peter  and his history and age I would be very careful.

Our neuro was considering Requip for Barbara as replacement for Permax.  She had
been briefly on Tasmar and did well with it, but because of history of liver
problems, was taken off and back on Permax.
I think the cost of further diminishing cognitive functions may be too much of a
price to pay yet for unknown benefits.  Barbara hallucinates during the day and
occasionally screams and kicks at night, and is terribly apprehensive of
dementia.  She is also on Celexa (antidepressant), Aricept (anti dementia),
Seroquel (for nightmares).
If psychosis is a fairly common side effect of Requip, it does not appear to me
to have sufficient  'risk/benefit'  value as an agonist.
Michel