On Thursday Oct 28 at 4:20 pm Jeannette Fuhr wrote:

< about the cost to the nation of
<Parkinson's disease and the question, "How will your <administration budget
<the needed funding to find a cure/cause/preventation of this very <costly
disease?" >

AND on Thursday Oct 28 at 5:46 pm. William Heitman responded with...

<Realistically, we are but a curiosity, but that doesn't mean we can't <be
<mentioned.  The scenario in which we might shine is as an <example of what
can
<be done with a little "investing."

<Al     Say Bill, do you know that a bunch of li'l Ole Parkies <suggested to
me
<a way to save 68.5 million dollars a day?

<Bill:  No but that isn't all that much in the scope of things.>

<Al:   I dunno, 68.5 million a day here, 68.5 million a day there, and
<pretty
<soon you are talking a couple of B-2s or nuc subs, or a month's <stay in
<Bosnia. They even want me to address their listserver by e-mail…>

Hmmmm...

Based on Microsoft's current stock price, Bill is worth $70.74 billion
dollars. (A billion is 1000 million)...

...Since Boeing 747-400 Commercial planes are each worth $156 million
dollars, Bill could afford to buy 453 of them.

OR... since America currently has approx. 760,000  homeless people living on
the streets (and who knows how many of them have PD),  Bill could afford to
give each one of them   $93,074.50 .

OR... since, on Oct 2, the World Population Clock clicked onto the 6 billion
mark, Bill could afford to give all 6 billion people now living on the
planet   $11.74
... and the best part is that Bill would still have  $44.5 million dollars
left over to support his family.

OR... if Bill can maintain his current fiscal growth rate of 52.04%, it is
estimated that by  February of 2006,   Bill will become a trillionaire.
How many PD research centres would that fund?

Oh......wait a minute...did I get my Bills mixed up...ooops...nevermind.

By the way here's a t-shirt slogan to consider..."pass the bill or pass the
buck on PD research".

Joan U.
(I think I've had  tooo  much coffee)