Hi,

...The conference report will go back to Congress, but not to start all over -
just to tinker with it until an agreement is reached with the President.
You never say never in politics, but if Members of Congress are hearing from
the Parkinson’s community it is very, very unlikely they will alter or omit
any of the Parkinson’s-related language.....

     Can you tell us what is at least purported to be in the report:
     language  from Senate bill, colloquy, size of NIH increase, and so
     on?  When we last heard, unless I'm missing something, we don't know
     what/who's language is in or not in the report for PD.

     Are they likely to finish "tinkering" this fall, or is it more likely
     that this will drag on for months.  The Dem's are saying, researchers
     can't wait 11 months to carry on vital work, while Repub's are
     pretending to not spend SSec, and are insisting on a spending cut.
     The Repub's want a spending cut of 1-3% to pay for it, and they're
     saying they have given the NIH  much more money than the President
     requested to carry out research, and all the rest of the political
     posturing.

     Do you have any confidence that we will get the NIH increase from the
     Senate's bill, and ANY language regarding spending on PD?

     Does anyone have any idea of whether or not the House's anti-stem-cell
     or fetal-tissue language is in the report?

Please--the troops are growing restless.

Thanks,

Charlotte

--
Charlotte Mancuso
For advocacy, medical, and other PD-related material, go to: