(On the run with remodeling and moving-related stuff)

Dear List-family..

As long as we're doing pallidotomy updates, I'll update ya on
mine, which was unilateral and performed five years ago, this past
Oct. 24.

The surgery was to bring relief on the right side of my body and
actually helped BOTH sides (not at all uncommon according to
neurosurgeon Dr. Robert Iacono,  who participated in my surgery.
THAT was an added bonus!

I've regained full movement in my right side - arm/hand/fingers,
leg, and foot feel totally and remain "normal."  (THANK GOD!)
Internally, things still continue to degenerate, tho I have no
idea if such degeneration was slowed down initially by the surgery
or exacerbated by it.

While the right side continues to function well, the left fide  is
now manifesting PS symptoms, tho there's a marked difference
between the external symptoms I had with my right side and those I
NOW have on the left side. - It could be almost a different
disease if one went by the symptoms I now experience.

I'll be forever grateful for that pallidomy because it was like
being given a second chance at life.  However, I prolly will NOT
have the next surgery be another pallidotomy, as in my case, I
feel a DBS would be of more benefit.

Barb Mallut