On Thu, 04 Nov 1999 07:36:22 -0600 Nita Andres <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>Ivan where do I write. I can send an e mail OK , but you said a letter
>is
>better. I need an address now. NIta

Hi Nita,

 Here is the address.

 Barbara Lelli, Investigator, Maine Human
Rights Commission, State House Station 51, Augusta, Maine  04333-0051

E-mail is [log in to unmask]

I was originally told by other MHRC staff(not Barbara Lelli) that e-mail
would not be accepted. After being told no a second time, I explained
that PWP's may be able to type on a computer keyboard,
but PWP's meanwhile often have small, illegible writing, because
PWP's may have difficulty grasping and manipulating a pen.

I was then told that signed e-mail, printed out as if it were a letter,
would be acceptable.

So my impression is that you can e-mail, but a signed, hard-copy of
your e-mail message is for whatever reasons more easily acceptable.

Also, I was surprised to find this encouraging message,
the only one I have ever had from the Human Rights Commission: