Hi all

        Let  me  de-lurk  for  another brief moment. :-( On Mon, 1 Nov
     1999,  Tina wrote:

>   That nosy ms patterson quote was from janet ...

        I  now  understand,  Tina.   Again my apologies to you for any
     negative feelings that you might have experienced as a result  of
     reading my post.

>                          ... Arif Dalvi, which is my doctor, is third in the
> country with PD and pallid...dont know spelling  He is with Aring Nuerology

        As I said in my original note, I hope your experience with Ar-
     ing was better than mine.  It sounds like it is and I'm  glad  to
     hear it.  U.C.'s Parkinson's/Pallidotomy center was featured on a
     local newscast a year or so ago.  A local retired lawyer was con-
     sidering  contacting  Dr.  Kavorkian until the center was able to
     relieve many of his symptoms.  I had assumed that Aring was some-
     how  involved  but never looked into it as, when the need arises,
     I have a preference for the deep-brain stimulation and my current
     neurologist agrees.

> He told me he wouldnt put me on Sinemet because of my age. I am 31 and he said
> Sinemet has some really bad side effects the longer you use it ...

        I  have  heard  similar rumors.  But, I don't remember reading
     anything similar in this forum.  Other list-members, do you  have
     any input on this topic?

>                            ...  I am always looking for information about PD,
> never giving up ...

        That's  the  spirit.  And, so true.  Besides the 'Net I try to
     look into other resources as I travel around the country with  my
     job.   And,  in  my own itsy-bitsy, tiny little way I try to help
     others with some of my experiences that I have written about as a
     PWP  on  my  Web pages:  A couple of people have contacted me and
     thanked me for sharing:

                 http://w3.one.net/~wap/wapTremorStory.html

>           ... Hopefully one day there will be a cure, but for now we all have
> to find ways to deal with our daily lives ...

        As  do  *many*  of the list-folk here.  As I mentioned before,
     there are a lot of jewels hidden among the many lines of text  in
     this  forum.   I  don't read every digest "cover to cover," but I
     have found much useful information.

>                                        ...  Hope to talk to you again.

        Did  I  say  I  was going to try to be shorter in my notes and
     quickly go back to lurk-mode?!?  Sorry. :-)

        Thanks  for "cutting me some slack."  I'll try to do better in
     the future.  Again, it's great to see  another  OneNet'ter  here.
     Take care and grok in fullness ... (heaven knows *I've* had trou-
     ble doing that today :-/)

Bill--
  ...who asks if a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
                                                      (42) o o o o
.___. William A. ....._..._ .......7177 Heritage Drive+ _____ ---- o ----+
..... http://w3.one.net/~wap/ .... [log in to unmask] .......+------------------+