Friends---in today's paper there is a report I found intriguing.  May I
mention it, along with all the other speculating we have done here re:
origins of PD in some cases?  While I do believe in multiple causality, a
combination of genetic tendency with environmental trigger(s), I had to
wonder about this as one  *possible* trigger:

A study by the University of FLORIDA BRAIN INSTITUTE STATES THAT A BLOW TO
THE HEAD CAN CAUSE DAMAGE FOR AS LONG AS A MONTH AFTERWARD---MUCH LONGER
THAN PREVIOUSLY SUSPECTED.      (OOOPs  sorry for caps)  "The study of rats
indicated that a "PacMan-type enzyme continues to gobble up important
structural proteins in the brain beyond the one hour and two day periods
believed to be the critical periods in which damage takes place."   This
suggests the possibility of a longer treatment period for brain
injuries.....etc.

Since Peter is not the only PWP who has suffered a severe blow to the head
prior to developing symptoms, I had to wonder----- could this really be a
trigger that set  it off?  And since this research was done at the U. of
Florida Brain Institute, is it something that the NPF researchers are
following?  Just curious, and  interested in others' reactions.....

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "