Dear Mary Ann--thanks to you and your husband for sharing this lovely poem.
I tried to visit the website, but couldn't get past fierst page. In any
case, he is a very talented (and published!) poet.

>This poem was written for my husband by our dear poet friend.  My husband
>liked it so much that he requested that I share it with this list.
>-----
>God bless
>Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 60/20)
>

>>THE PATH
>> for J.R.
>>
>>I saw some one in his room
>>Parkinson's transfixing him
>>Looking down attentively
>>Toward a thing I couldn't see,
>>Perspectives frozen, faded, blocked,
>>His muscles crippled, keyed and locked -
>>And yet released inside the mind
>>Where paths of pioneers unwind -
>>Always like this, those who ail
>>Can sense a ride beyond the trail
>>Where green and curving meadows run
>>Along to vistas flecked with sun
>>
>>Now some forest, changed and odd
>>Grows traces of the living God,
>>Oak trees falling on his path
>>Block accustomed ways of wrath
>>But show another, letting through
>>A different passage to the new -
>>As if a forest could impede
>>But grow around a brake of weed
>>And this, the forest of the soul
>>Could thick and thin and yet be whole,
>>A world that no one might suspect
>>Of tangled grace and intellect
>>
>> November 1, 1999
>> Pavel Chichikov
>> http://www.greyowlpress.com

        Camilla Hewson Flintermann              <[log in to unmask]>

                          "...everywhere I go,
                              I find that a poet
                              has been there
                              before me..."