Dear PIEN family,

Here is a note from Bev Steward from Santa Barbara.  She was diagnosed with
Parkinson's, connected to the famous flu of that time, when she was in her
20's.  Imagine 50 years with PD!  She's been living those years so well --
raising a family, writing, initiating and nurturing a support group,
travelling the world and becoming a fine artist.  Her delight in life is
infectious.

Mary Yost, 51, diag. 1990

Mary,

I am overwhelmed with joy at the news Jim Cordy relayed!  To think that there
is actually a chance that I might live to see a cure for PD!  Would  you
thank those involved with Jim, in this endeavor so successfully progressing,
for me, Mary?  (I am no longer connected directly with the list).

To have lived the greater part of my 75 years with this devastating disorder
and to finally see light at the end of the tunnel is more than I had ever
expected.  God bless each person who has contributed to the effort.

Bev