At 12:26 30-10-99 -0700, you wrote
 I've had this sense and I can feel my pulse almost everywhere,
>usually when I'm at rest (along with a general sense of slightly shaky
>anxiety throughout my body). I don't have a typical tremor in my hand(s) but
>I do have a slight shake that's perfectly in time with my pulse and is
>particularly noticable to me, if still subtle in a way, when I'm holding a
>piece of paper and trying to read something. It's equal in both hands,
>although my right shoulder feels more tense (and that's the one I swing less
>when walking).

Michael

I know this kind of symptoms from the time I did work as a psychotherapist.
People who have anxieties about their health and by that have much
attention for what they feel in their body, use to be able to observe their
own heartbeat. If this is a stimulus which arouses more anxiety the
heartbeat will become stronger and and by that yet easier to observe.
My husband, Andre, has been a researcher about what is determining the
rythm of heart- beat. One of the determinants is the rythm of an observed
stimulus or of a task that is performed. All kind of rythmic processes in
the body influence each other. So the fact that it is observed equally in
both hands, while the primary Parkinson symptoms are stronger in the right
side seems to show that the relation between your Parkinson and your
observation of your heart can only be a psychological one. That means that
your anxiety about your general health might be caused by being diagnosed
with Parkinson
Michael, I do understand that I might be completely wrong. It is always
risky to do any diagnosing with just so few information.
Anyhow, I hope it is helpfull for you to know this is not an exceptional
phenomenon.
If you think, my analysis makes sense, I'd advise you to try to introduce
yourself to the list describing your Parkinson.

Ida

Kind regards / Vriendelijke groeten

Ida Kamphuis