At 16:22 1999/11/06 -0200, joao paulo wrote:
>Dear friends , after reading the article below I wonder
>what effects may have by the use of Selegiline (Eldepryl, etc.)
>that is known as having some anphetamine in his components
>-----.
>          By JOHN O'NEIL
>
>Even in low doses and even for a relatively short time,
>amphetamine use leads to diminished capacity to learn
>in monkeys, a Yale study has found....

hi joao paulo

no wonderings, no worries

there is a wealth of information
at the pubmed site and in our own list archives

selegiline does not have amphetamine in it
[however it is metabolised into amphetamine and methamphetamine in the liver]

on the contrary, selegiline is much more likely to protect against damage
to our precious dopamine-producers than to cause any damage

FWIW for whatever it's worth
i have learned more in the past 10 years than in the earlier part of my life
and i have been on selegiline for the past 11 years!

[but OTOT on the other hand
i have never taken 'speed' = amphetamines]

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
e-mail - [log in to unmask]