Don't let them put him in a nursing home until you know they have tried
Rehab & everything else possible.  My Husband is 71 has pd & alhiemers,
has a heart condition , & has had 7 major strokes & many minor ones & is
a Diabetic.
  He just got out of the hospital 2weeks ago after being in the hospital
/ rehab for 34 days,
 When the drs. put him in the hospital He couldn't walk  nor talk. He
didn't even know who I was. They kept telling me I would never be able
to bring him home . That He would have to be put in a Nursing home ,
with 24 hr care. Not so.  He was put in the hopital because He had a
stroke, his 7th major stroke, phenewomia &
pd was so bad.   But after rehab & lots of Prayers. He is home with me
now. He is able to walk, talk , got to the bathroom walk up steps
 feed himself & goes to Church. He knows Me now & most of the people at
Church.  GOD has worked Mircales in our life.  He even stays home by
himself while I work.   GOD IS SO GOOD.  .
  So if the Drs in SC. won't let him be in Rehab .
Then maybe you might consider bringing him to Greensboro NC. to Mosses
Cone Hospital .
They are wonderful here.
  But PLEASE don't put him in a Nursing Home.