Gabby Hayes was Roy Rogers sidekick in the movies.  Pat Brady (I think) was
on the TV show.  There was Roy and Trigger, Dale Evans and Buttermilk, Bullet
the German Shepherd and Pat, who drove a jeep named Nellybelle.  Victor
McLaglen was in "Gunga Din" with Cary Grant and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.  The
tugboat movie(s) starred Wallace Beery and Marie Dressler as Min and Bill.
Does this straighten out who was who?  BTW, I am old enough to remember Roy
Rogers TV show.  It was one of our favorites.  Eleanor