I just joined the list yesterday, but have an issue that I could use some
help in addressing.  It revolves around "telling your boss you have PD."

I understand that there are some insightful people who participate in this
list.  I would hope that I could receive the benefit of this collective
experience.  My current problem might sound small to many, but it has been a
real burden to me.

Background - I have done very well in my career and have been rewarded for
doing a good job.  I have a responsible position in a large corporation.  I
am too young to retire and I still enjoy my work. However things are not as
easy as they used to be.  My hands do not type as fast as before and at times
my voice is not as strong and clear as before.

I realize that the time is coming when I should tell my boss that I have a
physical problem or be direct and say those words I have avoided at work,
"PD".  With the possibly of a reorganization, I wonder what I might be asked
to do in the future.

I hope that there are those who have experienced this situation and are
willing to share their process and insights regarding how to make it as easy
as possible.

I wonder what reaction others have received, its impact on their job, how
they were treated, and did they get access to any special tools like voice
recognition software?

Are there any legal reasons or rights that one can gain by formally
documenting that you have a problem?

Would you advise formally documenting it in writing to the corporate personal
department or just orally to your boss?

What are the advantages vs. disadvantages of telling your employer that you
have PD?

Thanks for any insight.

George