I believe in maintaining honesty in relationships, but it may at times
hit you back.  I remember telling my boss about a problem I had and
requesting a reduction of my load or reassigning my duties during the
duration of my incapacity.  I thought I knew him to be fair and
considerate, but I was wrong and he fouled me up.  When my appeal to
higher authorities revealed I was eligible for retirement, I had a
choice of doing just that, meaning to retire, or to create nasty
problems for my boss, I chose to retire.
Were I to be too young to retire, I would have had no choice but to
fight on.
Do not expect too much out of people, especially if that places
increased responsibility or work on that boss.
T quote a classic, "To thyself, be true!".

Michel