When the drs. put him in the hospital He couldn't walk  nor talk. He
didn't even know who I was. They kept telling me I would never be able
to bring him home . That He would have to be put in a Nursing home ,
with 24 hr care. Not so.  He was put in the hopital because He had a
stroke, his 7th major stroke, phenewomia &
pd was so bad.   But after rehab & lots of Prayers. He is home with me
now. He is able to walk, talk , got to the bathroom walk up steps
feed himself & goes to Church. He knows Me now & most of the people at
Church.

Thank you for a wonderful testimonial about the restorative powers of home,
love and God.  Please, everyone out there, understand that when anyone with
a profound neurological condition suffers a crisis they *frequently* become
disoriented when hospitalized.  Sometimes the disorientation is a direct
result of electrolyte imbalance and/or  decreased cardiovascular function.
Just because a person is confused in the hospital *does not mean they will
be equally confused at home.*

So, if your hospitalized loved one does not recognize you or the kids - or
insists that there are spiders crawling on the wall or dinosaurs lurking the
bathroom, take heart.  The condition is probably temporary.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann Ryan RN (CG Jamie 60/20)