My social security claims themselves went through quickly and smoothly It was
the side issues - like the cancellation of my bereavement benefits - that
caused most problems. But the actual claims,  thanks to careful preparations
based on advice and suggestions from members of this list - to whom i shall be
eternally grateful- went through   quite smoothly and painlessly. THanks
especially to Janet Paterson, who typed up and rearranged my list of symptoms,
and to the people who advised me to be sure and be in an 'off' phase each time
i was interviewed - but to take someone with me  and especial thanks to my
friend Anne who served as that person - the worlds best patients advocate,
imho, who reminded me to take off my shoes and socks, so that the first thing
the doctor would see on entering the examining room would be my poor twisted
dystonic  and amantadine-discoloured feet!
And dont forget first Dan and then David from Sen Warner's office, who helped
smooth the way - and whom i would never have met if i hadn't have gone seeking
support for the funding of the Udall 'Bill!
Thanks, you guys!

Hilary