William Heitman wrote:

> In a message dated 11/1/99 8:02:57 PM Central Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << about one third of the way down this paragraph, it seems to have an error.
> the word "bradycardia" is used for slow movement. but, bradycardia is slow
> pulse i believe.  >>

Thanks Bill, but credit for finding the error should go to Ron
Vetter, not me.
I've been browsing the new 17th ed. in small bites, when I find time
between other things that take so long to do (bradyphrenia?) It's still
highly recommended, but a bit disappointing for being less current than
I'd hoped- Perhaps the contributors were too diligent pursuing a 1997
deadline, and a lot of new stuff has happened in the past 2 years. The
reprinted first edition of 1899 is a shocking reminder of how ignorant,
almost barbaric, the medical profession was, not so long ago when
Lister, Semmelweiss, and Pasteur were outsiders.
Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694