After an unconscionable delay, the 17th (1999) edition of the Merck
Manual finally reached the shelves of Crown Books, and I brought one
home today. They usually revise every 5 years or so, but the 16th
came out in 1992. Haven't had time to examine the new book, but without
looking I can recommend it as the most complete and authoritative
reference for just about any medical condition. And only about $30 at
Crown. As an added touch honoring the centennial of the Merck Manual,
the box contains a reproduction of the slim little first (1899) edition.
Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694