From Erika,
To Nita,
    The tests carried out at Prince Alfred Hospital Sydney were done by means of an elimination diet.
A strict regime of only "chemical" free food (that is free of amines, salicylates, MSG and foodadditives)followed for several weeks after which other foods were introduced to ascertain reaction(double-blind tested).
It was felt that the results showed a pharmacological (not an allergic) reaction to the various food chemicals.
In personal communication with Anne Swain in 1993- (yes I have one of those dusty drawers with old letters :-)  ) she wrote that most children tolerated 1 serve of salicylate and 1 of amine per day,
beyond that there often was a reaction.
quote from  Friendly Food:"Unlike allergies, these food intolerances seem to work by irritating nerve endings in different parts of the body rather in the way that certain drugs can cause side-effects in sensitive people".
"In very sensitive people the natural chemicals which build up in the body over a period of days or
weeks can cause chronic or recurrent symptoms." unquote.

Remember though that we are talking here about symptoms such as hyperactivity(which is relatively easy to test) and........it is a long jump from there to damage to dopamine producing cells and PD.
Nevertheless, I keep on wondering.     Love from Erika.