Ivan,
I quit working two years ago at my job as a police officer.  I hid my PD for 10 years and couldn't do it any longer.  The job required too much physically and mentally.  Looking back on it I really should have done things differently.  My employer was not very accommodating.  I filed a charge with the EEOC, but it was too late.  Right now I have another action going to try to increase my pension.  My approach (although weak) is that the stress involved in police work makes it impossible to perform my duties therefore my disability is job related.  It's a stretch but I have to give it a shot.  Any other job I probably would still be working.  I am currently taking a distance education course for a paralegal certificate.  Along with my B.S. that should get me employed again when I'm ready.

I have a lot of on and off periods throughout the day.  Generally I'm not too bad.  My Dr. took me off Tasmar after the liver scare came out.  On requip and sinemet at present.

My personal opinion on the current surgical techniques is that I'd only do it as a last resort.  I firmly believe that within 5 years, 10 tops,  they'll have this disease beat or at least something that will relieve symptoms totally.

Greg
47/35/35

Good luck with your current problems.