At 04:04 1999/11/09 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi janet: I love the way you are SO reluctant to speak your
>mind. Your 2 cents worth is more like $2.00 worth. I
>especially like the part about SOME doctors not noticing
>(some of my best friends, etc.) that they weren't gods
>anymore. But I would, being a nurse.       Carole H.

hi carole

i can't help it
when i see what i consider arrogance or ignorance affecting someone's health
i see red

maybe it's a self-defence-by-proxy mechanism
there but for grace...

i am sure that my upbringing in a
health-care-guaranteed-for-all atmosphere adds a certain 'spice'
to my rant tendency

also some past medical experiences:
1. gallstones mis-diagnosed and mis-treated for 10 years
viz tension and stress = valium
viz infectious hepatitis = quarantined with my pain
2. my father's throat cancer undiagnosed
and pooh-poohed as a 'sore throat'for over a year

the medical field is populated by human beans just like us
surprise surprise

oops...
got rolling again...

janet