Marty, and other Pain-in-a-joint(s) Miripexer PWPs...

When Miripex  first came out - when was that... maybe 2 years ago
or so - I started taking it, starting with a minimal dosage daily,
and slowly taking less Sinemet (the only PD drug I take).

Within 3 days, I began to have TERRIBLE pain in both hip joints.
I mean MAJOR PAIN!

As I usually do when a new symptom - ANY symptom - I sat myself
down and thought about my diet in that 3 day period, any
over-the-counter drugs I might have taken, etc.., and also took
into account that I 17 years ago had been medically diagnosed as
having  rheumatoid arthritis (my sister has the worst case of that
I've ever seen except for did our fraternal grandmother).   My
initial attack of RA went into remission when I was treated with
800 mg. of Motrin taken twice daily for six months

After taking mental stock of my imediate history, the ONLY thing I
could find in my life that was had been changed in that time
period was Miropex, which I IMMEDIATELY ceased taking.

The pain took about a month to get down to a "bearable level," and
then another month to completly go away.  At that time I decided
to try the Miripex once again, only to find myself once again in
severe pain in both hips. it took less than 24 hours to kick up
this time, and SIX months to go away.   I haven't ahd any further
hip or joint pain since I stopped takimg Miripex.

You couldn't PAY me enough to take another Miripex now, and I
ALSO give any new PD drug at LEAST 6 to 8 months in the commercial
(as opposed to the medical testing lifespan of a new drug)
marketplace before I even consider taking it, and that rule has
stood me in good stead, 'cause I've concluded that there is a LOT
that goes on behind the backs of the general public by the medical
research companies, rushing to get a new drug to run the FDA
gauntlet in order to get a new drug to turn into a money making
investment.

If it was ME in your shoes, I'd stop the Miripex.  Remember if you
decide to do that to ramp down slowly rather than to go cold
turkey.

Please keep us posted about "Marty's adventure in Miripexland...

Barb Mallut