Hi.  I am a graduate student in speech pathology at the University of
Kentucky.  I am writing a research paper about PD and its effects on the
voice.  I am trying to prove that speech intervention will improve the PD
patient's voice in the areas of loudness, pitch and rate.  Does anyone know
where I can find any research on this topic?  Has anyone ever received any
speech therapy?  Did it help?  Was the Lee Silverman Technique used?  Have
any of your doctors recommended speech therapy?  Thank you for your time,
Mallory Dillon